The New Moon is a time of rebirth when we are given a chance to start fresh and set our attentions for that which we desire to attract into our life. The New Moon in Pisces will occur on February 23rd at 10:32 am EST.
What does this mean for you? The New Moon in Pisces is a good time to commit to personal goals that express the positive energies. This is especially meaningful for those who were born with their Sun, Moon or ascendant in Pisces, but we can all use and will feel the energy of this powerful new lunar cycle..
- take a leap of faith and believe in something that you always wanted to believe in, but were too afraid to put your trust in;
- accept imperfections in yourself and in others as a different kind of “perfection”;
- start a creative, imaginative project.
- consciously put aside time for peaceful, rejuvenating activities these can include yoga and meditation, but can be as simple as recognizing your need for “down time” on a regular basis;
- practice putting yourself into others’ shoes, and let some things go (such as judgments, annoyances, and the like);
- revitalize yourself through experiences that require imagination, compassion, or that simply represent a “break” from the routine;
- connect or re-connect with a lover on a romantic level; share a dream.
This month’s New Moon is conjunct Mercury retrograde, giving us pause to
rethink, revisit and reprocess our decisions. It is influence by Neptune, the planet that fuels our imagination and creative juices. Emotions can build up very suddenly under this influence.
The New Moon in Pisces is a good time to make creative, inspired plans to set the stage for reaping the rewards for our new beginnings, as little or big as they may be. The sky is the limit.
As we release, creativity comes through humbling ourselves to the idea that things will work out. We do not need to be “on” all the time. Give yourself a break from daily pressures and surrender yourself to the idea that “what will be, will be”, at least for the time being.
One of Pisces’ “lessons” is to release some of the anxiety that takes control of our everyday lives. So, for example, if someone is blocking your way in the grocery store, tell that person, “Take your time”, and mean it. You might “lose” 20 seconds of your time waiting for that person to move out of the way, but you will have saved yourself the stress and negativity that comes from allowing yourself to get annoyed and impatient.
The same goes for drivers who take your turn at a stop sign or cut you off. Let it go. Smile at the driver, instead of throwing your hand up in protest, or at the very least, smile to yourself. There is no need to get worked up. These are “little things” that, if practiced often enough, will actually condition you to understand and apply Pisces lessons in more substantial or far-reaching ways.
Just as a reminder, the 24 hr. period prior to the New Moon is know as the balsamic Moon, dark of the Moon. It is a quite introspective time. Best not to initiate anything, but great for planning and preparing.
How are you planning to enjoy the energy of this New Moon and the Mercury retrograde.
I always enjoy hearing from you and respond to all questions and communications.
May you enjoy peace, love and blessings,