Supermoon, November 13, 2016 Emotions running highNovember 13, 2016
New Moon in Aquarius January 27. Set your intentionJanuary 25, 2017
Simple 5-step process for setting intentions by the new moon: The new moon will be in Capricorn on December 29th at 1:53 AM ET, but I encourage you to continue to use this practice until the full moon on January 12th.
As you follow this practice month after month, you may notice the same intentions on your list. Don’t worry if something takes longer than a month to come into your life. When manifesting your intentions, your progress is determined by how much clearing and healing you’ve completed and how ready you are to receive. Also remember that timing is every thing. Although the stars impel they don’t compel. When the time is right and you are clear about it and ready your intention it will manifest.
- Create a special ritual or practice. This needn’t be too elaborate. My suggestion is to head outdoors if you can, grab a crystal or two, maybe a candle and your journal and pen. Whatever sets the tone of a sacred space for you. And, it’s ideal to do this just after the new moon.
- Reflect on last month’s intentions. If you created an intention list last month, review your progress and appreciation your accomplishments. If this is your first time creating new moon intentions, perhaps journal about the month past, exploring what came to light, what was released and what you invited into your life. You may be surprised to learn what you’re intentionally or unintentionally drawing in.
- Create intentions for this coming month. Take a deep breath and center yourself. Feel yourself connected to the earth, as a part of the Universal life force energy. Allow your intentions to bubble up from deep within. Feel them in your body. I feel that this one is especially important, even if you skip the other steps. At the top of the page in your journal, write “New Moon Intentions for (insert month), (insert year)”. Number out your intentions, trying to list no more than 5-10.
- Offer up your intentions. At this point, I like to release my intentions, handing them over to the Universe, my guides and angels to help my wishes unfold for the highest good of all involved. You may wish to ask: “May these intentions unfold in the coming month, or in perfect divine timing, for the greatest good of all involved. Please guide me through this process.” Take another deep breath and as you exhale, feel the weight and responsibility for these intentions lift. It’s not up to you alone to make them happen.
- Turn your intentions into affirmations. Without becoming fixated on the intentions for the month, you may like to rephrase them as positive affirmations and repeat them throughout the month. You may wish to get creative and illustrate them, write them on post-it notes in your office or put reminders into your phone to pop up throughout your day.
As you’re following your progress throughout the month’s moon phases as suggested you may begin to see how these intentions play out during the month.